Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My first budget cruise holiday

I never travelled on cruise earlier, and as the last day arrives, I asked myself of what can I expect from my cruise holiday. It was very well a budget cruise deal, and I was quite anxious to get into my first cruise. I was on time at the cruise port. As I approached the cruise terminal I saw many people handing their luggage to porters, who in turn place the luggage in bins, to be loaded on ships and delivered to the cabin.


It all looked like well arranged and planned. In the
terminal building I had to go through the embarkation process, where I was run through an x-ray machine and metal detector. After clearing the metal detector, I was ready for the check-in desk, where I handed over the cruise documents to the staff member, along with my identification and a credit card. Well I took my "shipboard charge card" which will serve as my ID on the cruise. I was informed that the same card acts as the key to my cabin.


The cruise staff was cordial and affectionate, and they welcomed me aboard. I was quite impressed by the alert and quick responses of the cruise attendants, who led me to my
cabin. In my cabin, I found that the accommodations are quite comfortable. I could feel that my cabin has well-thought-out storage space. It took me some time to adjust to the size, and later I felt that I am in the most luxurious place. It so happened, that time flew away even before I could notice it. Day-times were filled with fun and frolic on the deck, and nights were filled with partaking in get-together events and activities. Anyway, my first cruise holiday was exciting and memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment